Check out the new Filmsoc blog at www.filmsoc.co.za

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! GREATEST FILM EVER!





Unbeleivable. Water is a mixture of oxygen and Hydrogen: FACT. Shutter Island is the greatest film ever: FACT. I’m not even going to get into the story, because well it’s Fuck confusing and beautiful and scary and just down-right unbelievable. Martin Scorsese’s amazing, no like seriously and this isn’t some kind of sycophantic banter, If Scorcese gave cooking lessons I’d spend my life-savings on those lessons, Scorcese should give Cunnilingus lessons because lord knows I need help. It’s unbelievably beautiful and tragic yet somehow enlightening and uplifting. DiCaprio and Ruffalo venture off to the weird dark rainy Shutter Island to investigate the escape of a missing patient from a mental institution. Shutter Island’s dark and Gothic and big and stony, and generally the kind of place you’d expect the good people at the United States government to imprison 'paedophiles are us'. But then Scorcese takes a sharp left turn into the mind of DiCaprio and like that he reminds us of why he is undoubtly the greatest Director working today. By enlisting the services of the mercurial Robert Richardson and Thelma Schoonmaker he achieves the unbelievable and starts sprouting champagne from his nipples, dark bloody priceless champagne. It’s art big fuckin art, yet not so arty that it would leave you dazed and confused but art like a beautiful Gothic nude or your 3 year old’s self-portrait, incredibly self indulgent but shockingly honest.
I’m not gonna say anymore because now I feel like I’m ruining the entire thing, all I will say is that YOU NEED TO GO SEE “SHUTTER ISLAND” LIKE NOW. Fuck Tuts, Test’s, work fuck it all this is the cinematic experience of our generation and so much so that I’m going to give it …

10 HOERS

In love and Spinach

Roy “I’m still crying and Hard“ Mathieu Borole

No comments:

Post a Comment